This is Pickleball.
For the Americas.
The United States, Canada, and Mexico are pleased to announce the Pickleball Federation of the Americas. The PFA will serve its member countries by promoting and supporting pickleball growth and development throughout South America, Central America, the Caribbean, and North America.
Become a member country of the Pickleball Federation of the Americas. Now is the time to inquire and apply so your national federation can start receiving benefits.
Unifying A Continental
Pickleball is growing rapidly. It is fun, social and reasonably easy to learn how to play. Balls are being hit over nets on courts around the world. Pickleball can reach its potential as a true sport for all, a sport for life … if leaders in the pickleball community work together in more ways, in different ways.
The Value of the PFA
National federations can now become part of an organization & network that focuses on assistance and support for development within countries.
The Pickleball Federation of the Americas (PFA) is a non-profit corporation organized and operated exclusively for educational, scientific and charitable purposes. Articles of Incorporation have been filed for the corporation. To support its member countries, the PFA serves and exists to:
- Encourage the development of the sport of pickleball in the Americas ⎯ access to advice/information /best practices in communications, program development, administration, and governance.
- Coordinate continental efforts so pickleball becomes a welcoming and accessible sport, that fosters social connections and a sense of community.
- Approve or support operational details in areas including rules, ratings, rankings, equipment, and officials’ & coaches’ education.
- Share guidelines for fundraising programs for program development.
- Promote programs that support development in underprivileged communities.
- Organize for its member national federations continental championships and other major events.
- Support equity, diversity, and inclusion within pickleball throughout the Americas.
- Help ensure that the culture of pickleball evolves as a safe sport in which players, coaches, officials, and other volunteers have a right to be free from harassment, maltreatment, unethical behavior, and discrimination.
- Encourage and support measures in competitions and with athletes that safeguard the integrity of pickleball and para pickleball and protect clean athletes through the fight against doping and the prevention of the manipulation of competitions.
- Encourage and support measures related to the medical care and health of the athletes who participate in PFA competitions.
- Act as the Continental Federation in the Americas for Pickleball.
The draft PFA bylaws will be approved by the Board of Directors at their next meeting. A draft copy of these bylaws is available upon request to any PFA-eligible country.
Want More Info?
Not sure yet if you want to join but would like to get more information about the PFA? Great – just complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!